If you are interested in becoming a Lab Assistant within the FSU Communication Leadership Lab, take a look at the information below.
Communication Leadership Lab, Lab Assistant:
Job Title: Lab Assistant for the Communication Leadership Lab of the Communication Studies and Leadership Studies programs of the Department of Communication at Frostburg State University
Position Description: Excellent leadership opportunity for a motivated CMST or LEAD students who want to learn and offer support for FSU’s Communication Leadership Lab as an apprentice communication practitioner supporting campus and community dialogue and deliberation sessions and other communication leadership events.
- Ability to serve as a professional representative for our academic programs and the Communication Leadership Lab;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel;
- Experienced with basic administrative tasks like taking notes, typing notes, filing, making copies, preparing mailings, distributing posters and flyers, completing basic reports, making appointments, and coordinating schedules;
- Proficiency and reliability in organizational electronic communications (email and otherwise);
- Motivation and ability to draft or edit promotional materials or messages for distribution through various channels, including formal journalism outlets and social media;
- Ability to take the lead on organizing, publishing, and distributing program and website materials;
- Willingness to assist with organizing program events and to set up equipment and materials as needed to help organize program events and activities, including the campus and community dialogue and deliberation events, recruiting events, etc.
Hours: 8-10 hours per week during 9-4:30 business hours and evenings (for events), with 135 hours total required for the Capstone; available in Fall, Spring, or Summer semesters only)
Site Supervisor: Elesha L. Ruminski, Ph.D. (email@example.com; 301-687-4480; 348L CCIT)
We rely on a competitive interview selection process, so please review our program websites (www.frostburg.edu/dept/cmst and www.frostburg.edu/dept/lead) and send an e-mail of interest with 1) an explanation of how you match the following qualifications; 2) your schedule of commitments (including other jobs, group involvement, or sports activities); and 3) an updated resume to Dr. Elesha L. Ruminski, Associate Professor of Communication Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the semester you are interested in serving as a Lab assistant. Please contact Dr. Ruminski if you have any questions.